CONFERENCE VOLUNTEER ASSISTANTS NEEDED
Only the members of the Finnish Society for Nutrition Research are eligible to apply for the positions. New member applications may be made by 31st January through the form at: https://suomenravitsemustieteenyhdistys.fi/liity/
Nordic Nutrition Conference in Helsinki, June 8–11, 2020
About 500 human nutrition researchers, clinical dietitians and other experts will join the NNC 2020 organised by the Finnish Society for Nutrition Research. The Scientific Programme Committee and the Local Organising Committee have composed an interesting and up-to-date scientific program. There will be four plenary lectures and 12 review sessions, each including three presentations. The review sessions focus on nutritional physiology, clinical nutrition and public health nutrition. Furthermore, about half of the sessions offer problem-based, multidisciplinary approaches to the most important, topical/actual nutritional and health challenges. We want to bring forth how human nutrition works at its best.
The aim of a conference organiser is to make the event successful and memorable in all aspects. The cornerstones of a successful event include, in addition to good scientific programme, smoothly running practical arrangements and good customer service before the event, during the event, and after the event.
Conference Assistants play a significant role in making the arrangements run smoothly and in providing good customer service at the event site. The Assistant represents not only the conference organiser but is also a part of the picture that the participants get on Finland and the conference venue during the conference.
- Registration and Information desk
- Audience and Speaker assistant
- Exhibition and Poster assistant
- Guide (at the venue and a guided walk to the City reception)
What is expected of an Assistant
- Dedication to the work
- Precise and careful carrying out of the tasks
- Outgoing personality
- Good skills in spoken English; Swedish is a plus, but not necessary
- A smile!
What does the Assistant get in return for his/her work?
- Lunches and coffees during the conference days
- Opportunity to listen to presentations as work allows
- Opportunity to participate in the city reception
- Useful experience being a part of a conference organizing team
- If agreed by the responsible professor, study credits (1 ECTS per 27 h work)
The Assistant will not be paid any salary, travels to Finlandia Hall, or accommodation.
Are you interested? Do you feel this would be a wonderful opportunity to experience something new and rewarding? Please send your free application by February 8, 2020 to email@example.com. We will recruit 10 Assistants. If we get more than 10 applications, we will draw a lottery. We will inform of the outcome by mid February 2020.